A patent attorney of a Member State who wishes to be included in the list shall submit to the Patent Office the following:
- an application for the -inclusion of a Member State patent attorney in the list. The correspondence address in Latvia shall be indicated in the application;
- documents attesting his or her right to act as a patent attorney in another Member State in accordance with the laws and regulations of that country and their translation into Latvian;
- a copy of the civil liability insurance contract;
- pay the fee in the amount specified in the Patent Office -price list of paid services and in accordance with the procedures for the inclusion of a Member State patent attorney in the list for a period of 6 months.
The Director of the Patent Office shall, within 10 working days, assess whether the information specified in the application for the inclusion of the patent attorney of the Member State in the List allows establishing the compliance of the patent attorney of the Member State with the requirements of Section 136, Paragraph one of the Law on Industrial Property Institutions and Procedures and shall take a decision:
- to include the patent attorney of the Member State in a separate section of the List for a period of six months;
- to postpone the inclusion of the patent attorney of the Member State in the List by determining the time period of one month for elimination of deficiencies;
- to refuse to include the patent attorney of the Member State in the List.
Receipt of services
The decision by the Director of the Patent Office shall be sent, within two working days after taking thereof, either electronically or to the address specified by the patent attorney of the Member State.